Monday, October 13, 2008

Ready......Set........Go!!!!

Do you ever feel like you are running a race.........I feel like that every Monday morning as I rush around to get my son Cody off to his science class by 8:00.......I have my feet in the racing blocks......and off I go!!! The week begins and all my responsibilities, appointments and things that must get done...... race through my mind. Here we go again!! another week.......with lots to do. But instead of dreading the week ahead....stressing out about what I need to do..... I am learning to look at Mondays as an opportunity!! Another opportunity to serve the Lord......bless my family....bless others.... and another opportunity to shed those things(sin) that would hold me back on my race to the finish line. I want to run the race that is set before me following my Master as He leads and guides me. So as you start your week........thank God for giving you life.......thank Him for allowing you to have another week to live and a race to run! Ask Him to show you the things in your life that are holding you back from running this race.

Hebrews 12:1-2 reads......

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin that so easily entangles us, let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Today I am asking the Lord to show me the sin in my life that is entangling me and tripping me up......keeping me from serving the Lord and running the race He has set before me.

I hope you have a Wonderful Monday......and as you look at your week ahead do it with an attitude of gratitude! No matter what lies ahead.....God will give you the ability to get through it. Fix your eyes on the Prize!! Ready....set.......Go!!!

Surrendering to Him,

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I finally sined up....I can now leave you comments. I have enjoyed your blog. Have a great day! :)

SHARING OUR BLESSINGS said...

Love those verses!! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm loving your blog.:o) What a wonderful way to start my week.....with an attitude of gratitude.
Love ya lots!!