Wednesday, October 8, 2008

About the Almquist family~

First of all I should tell you a little bit about my family and catch everyone up. I got so excited with starting this blog that I jumped right in.....The title of my blog is very meaningful to me and since it is what the Lord has been speaking to me about I was just so anxious to talk about it..... So.....onto my family.

As many of you know.....my husband has started a new job. He is working for the City of Kennewick.....he protects people......hands out these cute little notes with lots of numbers on them...:)...makes some people very mad......yet others very happy! Can you guess what he is doing???? It has been a great change for him, he is very happy and we know that the Lord has called him into this job.

As for me......well I am a wife, mother, daughter, teacher, taxi driver, cook, maid......hmmm....I know there is a few more things that I do. But- I would have it no other way. It does get tiring, I do get stressed out....just ask my kids.....(well....actually...don't ask them...:) but the Lord is so GOOD.....He gives me His Grace.....& He strengthens me and helps me daily. My friends and I have just started working out at the Gym, so that is a great opportunity to relieve some of my stress and try and stay healthy so I can continue to do what God has called me to do. Okay- I'll try and quickly give you an update on all five of my kiddos.

Cody is 15! wow....hard to believe.....he is attending Coram Deo Academy two times a week and also he is involved in a Homeschooling program called Home link. He is enjoying it.....at least thats what I am telling him to do... :) He is working on his truck that he bought......last night at 10 he was banging away...I had to call out there and say......Cody- people are sleeping!! quiet down.....He and Mark are also working on a 70 camaro. It is an awesome father/son project which is fun for them....lots of "bondo" bonding time! :)

Cassidy is 13 & blossoming quickly into a beautiful young woman! She is also attending Coram Deo twice a week and is home the rest of the week. She is still taking piano lessons and is quite the piano player. She has played several times for worship at our church, which she does very well at. She enjoys her horses....."sugar" & "spice" & of course......talking on the phone to her friends.

Micah is 10 he is at home full time. He is a very hard worker & very smart! He has got thes big beautiful greeen eyes....that blow you away!!! He enjoys riding his skateboard, playing playstation & getting on line with his Webkinz.

Luke is 6....he keeps up hopping. He is doing kindergarden/1st grade. He loves his webkinz friends and he is very creative....anytime there is an empty box he claims it and makes a cool treasure.

Mia is 4...soon to be 5 on Oct. 19th. she is our China doll. She is a blessing......she keeps up with her big brothers and loves her big sister....whom she lovingly calls "La-La". She is working on her letters and counting.

Well.....thats us!! I know there is more to tell.......but I won't bore you with all the details....:)

Have a Beautiful day in the Lord......

Surrendering To Him!

2 comments:

Brent Rust said...

Beautiful!
P.S.~ You're getting more hits than I am....LOL

Love you ALL, Brent

mamakt said...

Kari! cool! Love it! Love the music. That must be a new blogging thing. I think I can write in here cuz i have a blog...but it's old. Haven't written in it for YEARS so if you go there, note it's NOT current! But maybe I'll be inspired by you to start again! I'd love to have 1 to put updates w/ kids and fam and schooling so relatives could visit. hmmmm You're making me think. Love the surrender! God bless...congrats on Mark's new job!
katie=)