Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Surrender All........or have I?

I am sure many of you remember the old hymn.....I surrender All. ALL to Jesus I surrender, All to Him I freely give, I will ever love and trust Him, In his presence daily live.....this song has been in my heart lately. I went to a Ladies Retreat this past weekend. The theme of the weekend was "Absolute Surrender". It was an amazing weekend....filled with sweet and precious times worshipping the Lord. During the weekend we were asked to go to our cabins and have quiet time seeking the Lord and asking Him to speak to us. It was such a sweet time reading His word and taking time to just sit quietly before Him....which i need to do more often. Well during my time with the Lord that day......I felt the Lord ask..... have you surrenderd ALL to me Kari?....well of course my first thought was..."yes... Lord".....I have surrenenderd ALL......but as soon as those words came out of my mouth... I knew that I had not. I still fight and struggle for control.....I want my way, I want things to go as I think they should go.....I want, I want, I want. The Lord askes us to lay down our lives and take up His cross daily. There are areas in my life that I have not surrendered to my Master. I am digging deep to find those areas and with the Lords help and patience with me I will. I want to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord and I want to die to myself so that He can fully take the control that He desires. Lord fill me with your love.....Lord help me to see where I have not surrenederd my All to you. I love you Lord and ask that you take this weak and sinful vessel and fill me with your Power. Have you surrendered ALL to your master?? Read the words to this beautiful hymn and make it your prayer today!

All to Jesus, I surrender;All to Him I freely give;I will ever love and trust Him,In His presence daily live.

I surrender all, I surrender all,All to Thee, my blessèd Savior,I surrender all.
All to Jesus I surrender;Humbly at His feet I bow,Worldly pleasures all forsaken;Take me, Jesus, take me now.

All to Jesus, I surrender;Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;Let me feel the Holy Spirit,Truly know that Thou art mine.

All to Jesus, I surrender;Lord, I give myself to Thee;Fill me with Thy love and power;Let Thy blessing fall on me.

All to Jesus I surrender;Now I feel the sacred flame.O the joy of full salvation!Glory, glory, to His Name!

2 comments:

SHARING OUR BLESSINGS said...

Love your blog!! So glad you joined the blogging world again. I love that song!! I have been singing it all morning.
Have a great day!!
Love ya!!

Amy said...

I'm glad you started a blog, Kari! It will be fun to read and to get to know your family a little more!