Thursday, October 16, 2008

I am not very creative in the Kitchen!

But I am trying.....I made a yummy ham on Sunday and we had several dinners and lunch with ham in it ....(the kids were probably doing a cheer when I said......"theres no more ham left" :)......then I made soup out of the ham bone! I was so proud of myself!! :) It actually was really good....I got some good tips from my mom & mother-in-law. We made homeade chicken Pizza one night with artichoke hearts, mushrooms & smoked provolone...and we made two large ones and then I bought a pack of the little mini crusts that the kids like to make .....well, I put the last little one in and totally forgot about it!!!!! oops!! My darling husband brought it in to me a few HOURS later and it was burned to a crisp. He asked me if I thought it needed a little more time.....or if he could take it out.....ya gotta love him! ; )

Have a wonderful day my friends....if you have any yummy recipes that could help me in the kitchen ....... please share......I love my crock pot, but I am needing new ideas.

Surrendering to Him,

6 comments:

Amy said...

HI Kari,
I have a yummy beef stew (crock pot) recipe that I could give you. I got it from Tracy. We always have rolls and a salad with it. Ooh, I may have to make that soon!

Kari said...

Could you post the recipe? that would be great! Thanks Amy

SHARING OUR BLESSINGS said...

Good job Kari!! I am proud of you too!;o) That chicken pizza sounds sooooo yummy!!!

Mark is too funny!! He cracks me up!
See you at the gym in a little while.
Love ya!!

elizabeth said...

check out crockpot365.blogspot.com for recipes. also, the "fix it and forget it lightly" cookbook has great crockpot recipes.

Kari said...

Thanks for sharing that site Elizabeth....that is a great blog.

Sarah M. said...

I have several that I LOVE and are pretty easy. I will gladly e-mail them to you if they sound good.

Teriyaki Chicken
*serve with rice and steamed broccoli
Crock-pot Turkey and Dressing
*it's like Turkey Day in a crock-pot. I will make some yummy side to go with sometimes.
Chicken Taco Soup
*serve with crushed tortilla chips, cheese and some sour cream.
Slow-Cooker Pot Roast
*serve with rolls, whatever. It just has carrots and onions. You could do a potato something too.

Let me know, I am a HUGE fan of a Crock-Pot. These are our favorites here! :)